SPRING 2021 Terms and Conditions of Play
- masks required at all times
- penalty for non-mask wearing - red card and 2 game suspension
- team managers/alternates must enforce mandatory facial coverings (along with the refs)
- kick in (not throw in)
- contact tracing is provided by home team manager to her team and the opposing team manager (just the info, not names). The odds of communicating illness are low if everyone is wearing masks; this is a courtesy
- mask wearing at all times except when drinking (and/or you are at least 6 feet from anyone else)
- teams line up on opposite sides of the field; no hand shaking
- A pool of GKs are available to play a second game for another team
- Propose scheduling games with GK assignments as a primary criterion (back-to-back games at same location for GK’s primary team and substitute team)
- Former enables league to add GK on substitute team as secondary player so GK is included on substitute team printed roster (game card)
- If a team’s regular GK will not be available for a specific game, advise MDWSC Board several days in advance so arrangements can be made ahead of time to fill this gap/add available GK to roster
- On any out of play dead ball (exception: fouls)
- To enable multiple opportunities for players to “catch a breather,” any player (either team) can substitute on any out of play dead ball
- There are a number of excellent athletic masks available to support individuals with breathing conditions such as asthma (contact MDWSC via Contact Us page for list)
- While on the field, a player is allowed to create distance between herself and other players (6-feet minimum) for a short period of time to pull down mask to inhale fresh air; when the player is not on the field, she can apply these same distancing rules to remove her facial covering for fresh air
- Note second bullet under Game Substitutions above; if player is having breathing difficulties on the field, she should ask teammates to kick the ball out of play so she can exit the field to accomplish a legal substitution
- If none of these alternatives are doable, the player should consider sitting out the Spring 2021 season (mask rules will be revisited before all subsequent seasons)
SPRING 2021 field provider rules/requirements
Lakewood (Addenbrooke, Carmody):
- Warm up limited to 20 minutes in a designated warm up area at Addenbrooke and Carmody
- Players and coaches must wear a mask to and from the fields; coaches must wear a mask while on the sideline; players who do not start or come out of the game must wear a mask (Tri County Health requirements)
- No congregating after games at the fields or in the parking lot; all parties must leave the complex immediately after the match is complete.
- Face coverings must be worn by all participants including athletes, coaches, spectators, and volunteers.
- Spectators must be at least 12 feet away from athletes and spectators must maintain 6 feet social distance unless same household
- Limit of 2 spectators per team
- Stagger games so teams do not crossover (15-30 minute breaks between games
- Disinfect equipment at half time and after the game
- Keep track of rosters and contact for each team to track participants for contact tracing.
- For outdoor sports, all users must follow Level Yellow on Apex fields. Relevant restrictions include:
- Recreation, including gyms, recreation centers and indoor pools and outdoor recreation facilities and activities, may operate at 50% capacity, not to exceed 50 patrons, whichever is less, per room indoors or per activity or area outdoors.
- Limit on spectators is removed; however, be mindful that masks are still required outside if 6ft of distance between households cannot be maintained, in Level Blue or Level Yellow; if Jefferson County is moved back to Level Yellow at any time, the limit on spectators may go back into effect
- Spectators must be 6 ft apart from non-household members. (Please be aware this means no BBQ’s or team lunches on site during Level Yellow).
- In order to be in line with Jeffco Public Health orders capacity restrictions, our philosophy remains - Come, play and then exit the facility. Teams may not remain on site if they are not actively playing a game.
- Mask Mandate: https://www.jeffco.us/4056/Mask-Guidance
- Spectators will be located on the same sideline with their own team at least 8 feet from sidelines, opposing teams will be on separate sidelines
- 175 person capacity at entire park
- No lingering/congregating before or after the game in parking areas
- Cannot be on the field until 30 minutes before game start time; face masks must be worn when entering/exiting the field
- One spectator from player's immediately family is allowed, with an absolute maximum of two; spectators must maintain 6 feet per household physical distancing and wear facemasks when 6 feet physical distancing cannot be maintained
- Mask must be worn when not social distancing
- All participants must exit field and parking areas within 10 minutes of the game ending; face masks must be worn when exiting the field
MDWSC SPECIAL RULES
Absolutely NO intentional slide tackling. Penalty (red card, yellow card, warning) for intentional slide tackling varies depending on player position and contact severity. Every slide tackle is a foul.
Unlimited team roster (no maximum number of players rostered to a team).
Unlimited game substitutions - any rostered player may sub in/out during a game as often as desired.
Substitutions by either team are allowed on any stoppage in play (e.g., a throw-in, goal kick, or goal) with referee permission. Players must enter from the center line after being given permission by the referee.
Division A (only) teams may carry two (2) U-25 (21+) players on their roster.
Women turning 25 years of age by 12/31 of the calendar year of the current season may register and play in the league (any division) at the beginning of said season.
Knee braces with hard plastic or metal parts must be covered to the satisfaction of the referee.
An individual may only play on one team in the league, except as goalkeeper or as a supplemental player.
- Teams are allowed to recruit players from teams in their division or lower to fill out their roster for a particular game (no more than 14 players total). This rule is intended for unexpected circumstances, not as a routine strategy for a team to fill its roster.
- Goalies can sub in any division; players can only play in their primary division or above, unless the other team agrees to allow ONE higher level player to sub on a lower level team as a sub (i.e., not on the field the entire game).